The checklist below is intended to help build our school community in a manner that supports the academic and social growth of all members. Staff, students, and parents must work together to achieve a positive environment for learning. Thoughtful enrollment choices on the part of the family and the school will assist in this process.
- Fully immunized children between the ages of 18 months and 14 years old are eligible for our programs. See the programs that we offer.
- Request Information
- Tour Our School! We encourage the parents of prospective students to observe the school before applying for admission.
- Complete and Submit Your Application and Application Fee
Applications for each level are available on the Forms page.
- Request for Student Records (for Grades 1-8 only)
Complete and sign the Request for Student Records and provide it to your child’s current school.
- Student Evaluation Report (for Grades 1-8 only)
Provide your child’s current teacher with the Student Evaluation Report. Your child’s current school will mail it to Dearborn Heights Montessori Center, 466 N. John Daly, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127.
- Student Visit Days (for Grades 1-8 only)
Once DHMC receives school records and the student evaluation report, a student visit is scheduled. Students will spend two days in classes at their grade level. Please complete the Visitor Release Form and bring it with you on the date of the visit.
The admissions committee will meet to arrive at one of three possible enrollment decisions: immediate acceptance, wait pool, or denial.
A committee places students in classes during the summer. Careful thought and consideration is given when placing students. Information letters with specific placement information and other school details are provided to parents in August.